Glabella/Radix Reduction

Is it possible to have the Glabella/Radix (area directly between my eyes) reduced? It seems this is a unusual area for reduction. It feels as though I have a lot of fatty tissue in the area, I would like to have more of a indentation. What are the options for treatment? Any kind of injectable treatment to avoid surgery? Thank you

Improving facial aesthetics

+2

The questions should be how deep is normal and how far from normal is your current condition. The normal depth is considered to be 1cm from the plane of the cornea (front of the eyeball which is best visualized on a side view). Without a photo or face to face examination it is impossible to say how far from the norm you are.

If the radix is shallow because of bone overgrowth it can be filed or rasped down via an incision inside the nose. There is even a special instrument called a glabellar rasp to do this.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Glabella/radix reduction

+1

The glabella and radix reduction can be performed through rhinoplasty techniques by rasping the nasal bones down.  If the bridge has been brought down a significant amount, osteotomies will then have to be performed at the time of the rhinoplasty procedure.  There are not injectables that can be used in this area.  In addition, the procerus muscle can be transected at the level of the glabella to effectively give a start point to the bridge of the nose and give a small depression in that area.  

Reducing Area in between the eyebrows

+1

Hi Vices,

Many options exist for reducing the tissue between the eyebrows. If it is due to overactive muscle, then Botox may be an option. If excess fat, then you may consider steroid injection. Lastly, if it is due to bone, then rhinoplasty surgery with bone reduction would be required. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a surgeon help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Glabella/Radix Reduction

+1

Reducing the glabella/radix region between the eyebrows can be done during a rhinoplasty but a formal surgical consultation is need to be sure that this is the correct procedure for you.  Often, other areas of the nose can be augmented to make the radix appear smaller.

Kristin Egan, MD
Manhattan Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radix can be reduced during rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi.

This is done with a special curved rasp.  Usually other things need to be done to the nose as well, but not necessarily.

Since this involves removing tissue, it has to be done with surgery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)