Which Will Give Me a Larger Fuller Breast...Mentor 350-400 or Allergan 360-390

which will give me a larger fuller breast...Mentor 350-400 or Allergan 360-390? I would like a FULL C or small D or maybe mid D. I am 5 3in. 30in. rib cage. bw is 13 or 14 cm...think it's 14. thanks.

Mentor vs. Allergan implants

+2

There is very little difference in the dimensions of the Mentor 350 saline compared to the Allergan 360. The Mentor one is slightly wider and less projecting while the Allergan one is slightly narrower and more projecting. The only way to vary them significantly is filling one to the minimum and the other to the maximum. 

"Larger" usually means more volume and "fuller" means more projection. The best way to judge this is to choose an implant whose base width matches the width of your breast (a measurement done by plastic surgeons who think dimensionally rather than volumetrically) and then consider the forward projection of the implant. 

In saline implants, Mentor has three forward projections: medium, moderate plus, and high, but the high profile one is not scaled to the width and is not recommended. Allergan has three projections in saline: low, medium, and high. In gel-filled implants, both manufacturers have the equivalent of low, medium, and high profile but they're not called that. Higher profile implants have more volume and therefore would look larger and fuller. I disagree that you can judge this using implants externally. 

The way to best estimate size gain is to agree on what size you are starting from and figure that a properly fitted saline implant that is low profile (Allergan) will make you look a cup size bigger, a medium profile implant (Mentor and Allergan) will make you look a cup-and-a-half bigger, and a high profile saline implant (Allergan) will make you look two cup sizes bigger. The Mentor Moderate Plus is between a medium and Allergan's high profile. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Choice of implant style may influence shape more

+1

SunnyD: The two implants are comparable in base diameter (width) and projection and would suit your chest, assuming that the width is 14cm.  Both styles, Mentor and Allergan saline implants are "low" or moderate profile were the first introduced.  The high profile implants were introduced to diminish the visibility and palpability of the lateral edge of the implant.  In order to optimize cleavage, PS may recommend that the implant be selected on the basis of its base diameter, instead of its absolute volume.  In my experience, the high profile implants tend to fill the upper pole (area between the collar bone and nipple) and produce a round shape, which some patients like.  Two types of patients have been well served by this model: a) very flat chested, thin women and b) women who request a perky appearance and need a lift.  Good luck

Lavinia Chong, MD

No difference

+1

There is no difference in the implants when you compare the equivalent implants. In summary there are 3 different types of implants Low profile ( mentor call it moderate, allergan call it low), medium profile (mentor: moderate plus, allergan moderate) and high profile (High profile both companies). Some surgeons will prefer one company over the other but when comparing the same profile  there are no differences on the clinical result. Your surgeon needs to explain which want of the 3 choices he is recommended, the maker has no significance on the resulting appeareance of your breast.

Another option you have, which it will make a difference in the result, is to consider silicone implants.

For the numbers you mention it looks like you were comparing the allergan mid profile to the mentor low profile (moderate profile) which is no comparing apple to apples. Moderate profile will give you more fullness than low profile.

Good luck

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Implant choices

+1

To choose one implant over the other with such a small volume difference should not make a big difference unless the base diameter and projection are vastly different.

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

I personally prefer Mentor implants as I have used both in the past.  As far as the measurements go, they are pretty close.  I do tend to fill the saline implants closer to their maximal recommended volume to help decrease the rippling.

You are pretty close here and are splitting hairs between the two.  I would choose the implant that your surgeon feels more comfortable using.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Picking breast implants.

+1

Hi.

If you scroll to the bottom of my profile, you will find a detailed article that I wrote on this topic.  My basic message is that it is your plastic surgeon's job, not yours, to worry about selecting the best implants. This is what you are paying him or her for.

Your job is to make sure your surgeon understands in detail the look you want.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

There is very little, if any, difference in the two implants that you mention.  Rather than fixating ona particular volume, try on the implants.  This will give you a good indication of the change in volume that you can expect.  Your surgeon can than advise you on an implant that will fit your anatomy (one that is no larger than the diameter of your breast).

John Whitt, MD

larger fuller breast.

+1

I agree with Dr Placik, that the Mentor might be a better choice. But there is no definitive wrong choice in either implant company. Best of luck from MIAMI Dr. B

Breast implant selection

+1

Currently I favor the use of Mentor Moderate plus salines filled slightly shy of their maximal fill volume. It sounds as if you are describing the moderate style which has a greater tendency for rippling. As for size a 375 cc implant will typically take the average A cup to a C cup but this is no guarantee or warranty of your particular outcome.