Can you give me an idea of how much lower lid surgery would cost? I got one estimate for $4,500 which seems awful high.

Can you give me an idea of how much lower lid surgery would cost?

+1
Yes prices are driven by surgeon's fee, anesthesia fee and facility fees.   Cost in our office for lower eyes are around $4000.  Best of luck to you.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Lower lid bleph fee

+1
In my opinion most lower lid blephs require general anesthesia to be done well. If the 4.5k you mentioned includes anesthesia, surgery and surgery center - the price seems reasonable.  And, I agree.  Cosmetic surgery of the face is not a time to decide based on price.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Eyelid surgery

+1
Caveat emptor.( Buyer beware). Surgeon's have different fees, and sometimes the lower fees are low for a reason that can suggest lesser quality. Be careful.

Almost anything can be found cheaper.

+1
However, we are talking about your eyes.  Better surgeons can command higher prices.  Eyelid surgery is not a commodity.  One eyelid surgeon is not just like every other surgeon.  Surgeons are not bales of hay.  One bale of hay is pretty much like ever other.  That fee seems very appropriate.  I have colleagues in Beverly Hills who charge 10 times that fee.  Now at some point, I agree that things get a bit crazy.  I don't think $50,000 is reasonable even in my market.  However, the fee you have been quote seems reasonable.  It does not seem "awful high."  If you are not sure, consider getting additional quote.  Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples.  Perhaps this fee is just more than you are comfortable spending.