I had liposuction on my stomach and midriff?

It worked great however I gained a lot of weight over the past five years and i have fat places I never had before. Is there a solution to getting rid of the fat? I have tried many diets and I am not losing the fat. Any suggestions

Liposuction

+1

The best thing to do is get back to your original weight. Otherwise, more liposuction may be needed BUT an examination is needed to determine this. See a Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Weight gain after lipo

+1

Any time you gain a lot of weight, you will gain it in places you didn't have it before. If you had liposuction in the past, then some of the fat cells in those areas were removed so you will gain less fat there than you would have without liposuction. The solution is getting back to your former weight when you were pleased with your results, since what you gained in areas you don't like will again go down. "Diets" are usually only a short term answer. What most people really need for weight loss (and maintenance of the weight loss) is a change in lifestyle that focuses on healthy eating, correct portion sizes, and exercise. Liposuction is not meant to be a weight loss technique. It is better used for contouring, and if you are going to stay at your current weight and have certain areas that you want to address, then you can get liposuction to reduce those areas. A good place to start is seeing the surgeon who did your liposuction, or a board certified plastic surgeon.

Anita Patel, MD

+1

A liposuction to those residual areas may be in order, but an exam would be necessary.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA