My Girlfriend's Implant Failed? Would This Cause a Miscarriage?

she has saline implants. One failed at 6 weeks pregnant, she miscarried at 9weeks. is there a relationship?

Has nothing to do...

+1

I am certainly sorry to hear of your misfourtune, but, in my opinion there is not connection between a saline prosthese leakage and miscarriage.

Sicerely.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Failing implant and miscarriage

+1

A ruptured saline implant and a subsequent miscarriage are more than likely not related.   I am sorry for your loss..

Saline implant rupture and miscarriage

+1

Absolutely not!  There is no relationship between the two unfortunate events.  I am so sorry to hear of your misfortune, but be assured, they are not related.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Saline Breast Implants do NOT cause Miscarriage

+1

Saline breast implants are filled from the same IV bags used to infuse saline into millions of people the world over every day. Saline is completely harmless. When a saline implant deflates the sterile saline in it is absorbed by the body and within a few hours excreted into the urine similar to what happens when one drinks a lot of water.

There is NO connection between a leaking saline implant and miscarriage.

Dr. Aldea

No Relationship between Implants & Miscarriage

+1

It is unfortunate that your girlfriend had a miscarriage 3 weeks after the failure (?leaking) of her saline breast implant.  However, there is no causal effect or relationship.  It was purely coincidental.

John Whitt, MD

Saline implants are filled with IV fluid

+1

It is only IV saline fluid that is in a saline implant.  If the implant deflates, the saline escapes and is absorbed and urinated out a few hours later.  I cannot imagine any connection between this are her unfortunate miscarriage.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Saline implant rupture not likely related to miscarriage.

+1

It is highly unlikely that a ruptured saline implant, in and of itself, would cause or precipitate a miscarriage.

Breast Implants unrelated to miscarriage

+1

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Many women without implants, as you know, have miscarriages.  Saline implants are just filled with harmless salt water, so there is likely no correlation between the implant rupture and the miscarriage. 

Carmen Kavali, MD

There is no relation

+1

Saline implants are filled with same saline that is used during the surgery for the intravenous injection . The absorption of the saline will not cause any harm. There are thousands of reasons for the miscarriage .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon