What is wrong with my left breast implant? Is it bottoming out? (photos)

Had my BA Sept26-2013 (9monspost op. Following my surgery was very painful then came ongoing shooting pains in mostly my left breast.went to the surgeon who did surgery told him,He seemed to dismiss it. In march called and sent pictures to him email. This is when pain was continuing and the deformity in that breast worsened. The scar incision is higher than the other,the breast is lower than it should be and when I use that muscle it has a deformed look.been wearing underwire bras like told.

What's happening

+3
Thank you for your questions. Based on your photos and without examining you, my advice is limited. But based on your photos, it looks like you have a double bubble deformity in both breast, the right breast is more visible than the left. I recommend d/w your PS about your concerns and see if he can correct the deformity. If not I recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion. 

Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Problem with left breast

+2
Thank you very much for enquiry, it does look as if you have had quite large implants for your frame and that the infra-mammary fold on the left is not as well defined as on the right. In our practice we always recommend that you wear an underwire bra to support this area during the healing phase, and I see you have been doing this. I would definitely persist with your surgeon as they should give you the opportunity to discuss your concerns, take a look in person and offer their opinion as to the best way forward.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric Deformed Breast Implants

+1
Your breast augmentation has resulted in, as you describe... and your pictures demonstrate, that your LT breast implant is too low and that your RT implant has the pectoralis muscle contracting over it with motion. Both of these conditions are indeed correctable with further surgery. Since you are now 10 months after your surgery, a bra worn with an underwire will not help at this late time.  I would speak to your original surgeon to discuss your concerns and corrective surgery. If the answers are not to your satisfaction, then I suggest a secondary consult. Hopefully this can be resolved to your advantage.

Richard M. Levin, MD
Lancaster Plastic Surgeon

Breast problem

+1
It appears from your photos that you have develped "window shading" of the breast. This is where the muscle rides up and causes a crease in the middle of the implant especially when the pectoralis muscle is contracted. This can be corrected with a revision. If there are issues with the other side they can then be corrected at the same time.

Franklin D. Richards, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision

+1
Yes, you need a revision.  You have bottoming out and it looks like an animation deformity from the muscle with flexion. Best to be seen in person to evaluate.

What is wrong with my left breast implant? Is it bottoming out?

+1
I'm sorry you have had such a negative experience. Breast augmentation is one the procedures done with a very high patient satisfaction. You will need to have your breasts revised. Your right side is more concerning than your left. You need to seek out a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with plenty of years in revision cosmetic breast surgery. Research, research and research.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

+1
Yes a post operative healing issue that can ONLY be corrected with revision surgery. Best to re post without the flash effect and add a before photo...Sorry you are as I refer to an "implant cripple" that needs a true expert i revisional breast surgery..  

Implant malposition

+1
A pre-operative photo would be beneficial in this particular situation.  It does appear that you have some degree of implant malposition that is enhanced with you contract your pectoralis muscle.  A revision of the breast may require the use of a mesh like Seri or an ADM such as strattise to provide support to the lateral portion of your breast.