How Do I Get Rid of Blackheads?

I have blackheads on my face and I would like to know how to get rid of them. Does anybody have any ideas?

Milia and comedones and how to remove them

+2

It is best to let a professional remove these for you. If you have a lot of them and try to remove them yourself, you can break blood vessels, cause scarring or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, or cause infection. Regular facials help with these, as do home products.  

Atlanta Dermatologist

Retinoids for blackheads

+1

Comedo extraction is an in office method dermatologists use to extract blackheads, which utilizes a blunt instrument with a circular opening that is placed over the blackhead and firm pressure is applied.  I recommend seeing a board certified dermatologist to be evaluated and have this procedure done.  Topical retinoids are commonly prescribed to decrease the number of blackheads and to allow for easier comedo extraction.

Anthony Perri, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Removing black heads and white heads with the Hydrafacial system

+1

Black heads, comedones, and white heads can be safely extracted and treated using the Hydrafacial system which infuses effective enzymes and acids into the skin and pores to emulsify the clogged black and whiteheads. We perform this treatment to reduce pores on the face, particularly the forehead, chin, and nose.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS