Does fat grafting to the hips last or does it fade with time?

+3
Hi. Understand that all living tissue need blood supply which carries oxygen to survive. When fat cells are transferred they do  not carry their own blood supply and are therefore dependent on the environment they are transferred to. New micro circulation then forms and those fat cells that "take" will survive. There is always a resorption of fat after a transfer. This will be dependent on how the fat cells are treated prior to the transfer, the skill of the surgeon and the aftercare. That is why we advise the patients to stay off their behinds for a minimum of 4-6 weeks. Any pressure applied to the buttocks during that initial crucial period will affect survival. The amount that gets reabsorbed will vary. A safe number to use would be 60-80 percent survival. Good luck.

BBL

+1
The fat that is transferred for buttock augmentation needs to get a blood supply to survive. Once it does this, the "take" is permanent.  I would say about 70% or more may be successful in transfer.

+1
Fat grafting through a Brazilian Butt lift is a permanent process. The fat injected into the buttocks is placed there permanently and the results will last. If you lose weight, the volume of your buttocks might decrease in proportion with the rest of your body. If you gain weight, your buttocks might increase with the rest of your body. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

BBL Hips

+1
Fat Transfer during a Brazilian Buttlift is meant to last.  Successful BBL surgery shoudl have 60% - 80% survival and take of the transferred fat.  This fat should be a permanent result.  Although weight loss can affect the appearance and size of that augmented tissue.  Your hips should have equal success and maintenance.

John G. Apostolides, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1
   I place fat into the hip areas in most BBLs, whether directly or indirectly.  Although not as much can be placed as in each buttock, the results are durable in my experience.