Do I really need a Tummy Tuck to get the results I want? Was aiming for a "simple" Brazilian Butt Lift. (photos)

I cardio & diet 6 days a week, but cannot get rid of stubborn fat on my top half. I considered lipo and while researching decided on the BBL. I live outside of the US & will do the procedure while home for a few months this summer. Bella Forma in GA, did my only consultation(virtual) Seems confident I need BBL, TT, and 3D lipo. All under general anesthesia. This scares me to death. 29, children, 5'7, 165lbs. Quoted $15,000 ouch. In over my head? HELP!!!

Tummy tuck VS BBL

+2
You have to acknowledge once you have developed saggy skin on your abdomen (upper and lower, stretch marks that are obvious while sitting or bending over) and also loose muscle because of pregnancies or after weight loss,  NO procedure will make your skin tight again nor either your muscle flat.  Liposuction will make your skin saggier and not much difference on your waist line. 
You are a perfect candidate for Tummy Tuck to get rid of the saggy skin, muscle repair will help to get a flat abdomen and tapered waist and liposuction and fat grafting (BBL) will complete your curvaceous transformation. 
Your first wish photo is the result of TT.
Be encouraged. You will be loving your results.
Dr. Cardenas 

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBL and tummy tuck

+2
A full tummy tuck would provide some of the results that you are showing with regards to the side profile of your abdomen.  I do think you are a full tummy tuck candidate.  Your side photo is not in focus so its hard to tell how much fat you have in your lower and upper back.  I think a BBL and tummy tuck can be a good combination for you.  Your plastic surgeon should discuss with you what can and cannot be accomplished given your body characteristics.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Do I really need a Tummy Tuck to get the results I want? Was aiming for a "simple" Brazilian Butt Lift.

+2
The simple answer is NO. As a matter of fact, abdominal fat is extremely useful for fat transfers. Also understand that after a BBL you cannot place any significant amount of weight on your rear end. Any pressure from sitting or lying flat will compromise the blood supply to the newly transferred fat cells and will diminish their survival.

Therefore if you have a tummy tuck that requires for patients to lie flat post-op, how will you be able to avoid compression of the newly transferred fat to your buttocks? The BBL is extremely popular in Miami. At our institute we advise the patients to have extensive lipo of various areas, including the abdomen and then have this fat transferred. Patients will come back after 6-12 moths and the have their tummy tuck. In Florida, the amount of supernatant fat that can be removed when performing a combined lipo and tummy tuck  is limited by law to 1000cc. IMHO it appears from your pictures that you will need at minimum 700 cc per side to obtain a nice shapely bottom. So you would not have sufficient fat to transfer to achieve the results that you are showing.

The cost of this procedure without a tummy tuck runs approximately  $8,000. It is performed under general anesthesia. I encourage you to seek out a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and that his/her facility be accredited by the highest accrediting agencies for surgical facilities. AAAASF, AAACH or JCHO. All the best and I wish you good luck on your journey.............research, research and then research some more

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Tummy Tuck would be great

+2
Thank you for your pictures. I think that you could benefit from a tummy tuck. I don't know if you have a lot of fat to make a difference in your buttocks certainly not like your wish picture. Additionally,  the tummy tuck wish picture is a little unrealistic to because no one is completely that flat. You can get a great result that is your result.  Before you spent all that money I certainly would get several of the consultations. There are several board-certified plastic surgeons in the area around the doctor that you saw through a virtual consult. Good luck.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

If you have significant skin laxity, you’ll need a tummy tuck.

+1
The idea of moving fat from the midsection to the rear to give you a curvier bottom sounds too good to be true... but that’s because it sometimes is. While there’s no doubt many patients see great results from a Brazilian butt lift, it’s not a recipe for a toned, trim midsection except under very specific circumstances. For patients who have loose skin as well as excess fat – which your photos indicate you may have, although I would need a physical exam to be sure – liposuction alone isn’t going to deliver the results you hope for. A tummy tuck will remove excess skin and repair separated abdominal muscles, which lipo cannot do. Get a few more opinions from board certified plastic surgeons before making a final decision.

Glenn M. Davis, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for you question. 

With provided pictures you will need a tummy tuck and Brazilian Butt lift for best results.
A Brazilian But Lift cost should not go above $5999 for up to 12 areas of liposuction including stay. It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

I would recommend a tummy tuck

+1
You would benefit from a tummy tuck at the same time or as a staged procedure with a bbl.  In order to harvest enough fat from your abdomen, a tummy tuck will be necessary to address the subsequent skin laxity.   Combine tummy tuck and bbl run about total cost 12 to 14 k.  

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

+1
   I think that lipo, BBL, and tummy tuck is reasonable. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

TT vs BBL

+1
It's hard to say without seeing you, but I usually recommend a TT after a BBL to give the best possible results.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS