What Can I Do Now Tt/Lipo 1yr Ago Got Staph 3 Day Later then Necrosis, Revision 6 Mo Ago? (photo)

one side is bigger and nott above bb

Scars following a staph infection after a TT

+2

Unfortunately infections can occur with any type of surgery or injury or even without an injury, and the consequesce can be disasterous, as yours has been. First, you must understand that such scars will take a long time to mature. They can be revised, but in my experience, it is best to wait until they are less red and swollen. Regarding the umbilicus scars, you may have keloids as well, and these require either Kenolog or 5-FU injections on a monthly basis until the redness subsides. In addition, you should use silicone sheeting over the scars for several months and this will help the swelling and redness in the scars to subside. Every plastic surgeon knows about this type of treatment. There is no "quick fix" in my opinion.

I highly suggest a second opinion regarding your result and your options and a personal examination by your PS or that of another PS.

There will probably be a time when the scars need revising again, but the result will be better if the scars are less inflamed.

Good luck.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Complications after a tummy tuck

+2

can be disconcerting but I'm glad to see that you've recovered.  As for your concerns, you should probably discuss them further with your surgeon and he/she was there and knows your anatomy and what was done.  Simply looking at your photos and judging from the sidelines, you can probable benefit from more liposuction of her your lower abdomen and either a scar revision around your umbilicus or simply remove it and start all over with a belly button reconstruction as it does seem off to one side a bit.  My suggestion is to see your doctor and if you no longer have trust and confidence in him/her, then get a second opinion where you live.

Poor scarring following tummy tuck with complications.

+2

I am sorry to hear of your course after the tummy tuck. You have a few issues of concern including hypertrophic scarring around the belly button and an uneven tummy tuck incision with persistent bulging and contour deformities. Unfortunately, your case would require an in-office exam. Be sure that your plastic surgeon is Board Certified, and seeing more than one surgeon for additional opinions is advised.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Staph 3 Day Later then Necrosis

+2

I am sorry to read about the infectious complications you have endured. To answer your questions properly, an actual exam would be needed. 

The goals would be 

• better navel scar
  • more even abdominal scar and less fullness above the scar. 
  • better abdominal wall contour. 

From the photos alone, it looks like one part of the improvement would involve tightening the abdominal wall again, and this would require redoing the entire incisions. At the time, the abdominal skin might stretch down some to even out the scar and could be thinned of excess fat.

Thank you for sharing your experience, best wishes.

Lower the Pubic Scar and Revise the Belly Button

+2

The pubic scar can be lowered to some extent and the belly button can be revised, which should improve your look substantially.

Infections and wound healing problems following an abdominoplasty

+2

It is an unfortunate consequence of surgery but infections do happen even under the best of circumstances and it seems that your plastic surgeon is attempting to correct some of the problems that are seen on your photos.  There is a thick scar around your umbilicus.  There is an irregularity of your lower transverse scar and some degree of swelling still present in your mid central abdomen.  An exam would be needed to give you an accurate answer as to what is your next best step.  The scar around the umbilicus can be revised, you may need liposuction of the anterior abdomen or  a revision of the plication of the fascia and a revision of the scar.  Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to know when and what steps should be done to get you the best possible final outcome.  

Staph infection after tummy tuck

+2

An infection after tummy tuck and skin loss can pose very difficult situations for both patient and surgeon. No solution is going to be straightforward and compromise is the key. At present, things must soften for a year after your revision, and then well planned and measured procedures might be able to improve your result.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

Uneven contours and scar after tummy tuck revision

+2

Your complication is a rare, but ever present, risk to any body contouring procedure.  Revisions and scar management should be considered by qualified reconstructive surgeons.  Please discuss this with your surgeon and get other second opinions before your next revision.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

6 months post revision and still unhappy

+2

I wish I could tell you that the solution is easy but it is not.  There are several things you could try to improve the wound.  Your surgeon might try injecting a low dose steroid into the scar to let it settle down.  The other thing to consider would be liposuction to improve the abdomen above the incision and give less of a stepoff appearance.  Go back to the surgeon and see what can be done.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon