Should I Start Losing Weight Before my Consultation? (photo)

I would like to have a BBL preformed and I believe I have selected the appropriate doctor. My consultation is Feb. 18, 2013 and I am a bit nervous of how he may react to my figure. I have been saving for a long time and I am worried that he is going to tell me that he has to lipo every where or that I am too overweight for the procedure. I think being thick is beautiful as long as it is not around your midsection so should I start a serious diet now or wait? I am currently 5'5'' and 200 lbs.

Losing weight before butt lift

+3

Yes being a little slimmer will make the procedure safer, but if you are otherwise healthy, I think that you could have a Brazilian Butt Lift at your current size.

Brazilian Butt Lift, Longevity, Weight Loss

+2

Assuming that patients are looking to improve their overall appearance and health weight loss is usually a positive thing.

We should keep in mind that the average American gains 10 lbs each ten years from their 20's to their 50's.

Improved eating habits, diet and increased activity will usually keep a patient looking better for longer. 

The weight loss does not necessarily need to be done prior to liposuction or the Brazilian Butt Lift.  Weight loss after the BBl may lead to loss in volume of the fat injected to the buttocks as well.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift at 200 lbs

+2

I typically liposuction 5 liters and transfer 1200 cc to 1500 cc to your buttocks to get the most dramatic results possible.  At 200 lbs, you could lose weight to make the results more dramatic.  Based upon the skin laxity you have a tummy tuck in the future would be a consideration to shore up the loose skin and give you the flattest tummy possible.  Find the surgeon with the best credentials who can deliver dramatic results.

Should I Start Losing Weight Before my Consultation?

+1

Thank you for your question, being  a little closer to your ideal weight will give you better results, however in your situation I would strongly advice to consider a Tummy Tuck as well for better results, since after the Brazilian Butt Lift is performed you may have a lot of loose skin.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before consultation

+1

It would not be appropriate for your physician to suggest something you don't want, such as "lipo eveywhere" -- if you are happy with your weight. It is important for you to have a clear idea of your goals, so that you can express them to your surgeon and they can make sure they can achieve them for you. A larger risk in a heavier person with a lift such that you are talking about is potential widening of the scar because of the weight pulling on it; that is something that you should be prepared to discuss as well. Good luck!

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon