Is there some certain sauve or cream that I should use on the stitches in fron of my ear where I had FL surgery?

They reall are pulling but don't want to use something I shouldn't on stitches.

Follow your surgeon's advice before putting anything on new facelift incision

+5

Thank you for your question.  It is most important that you follow your surgeon's advice for management and treatment of your facelift incision line.

Be sure to ask her surgeon what he or she recommends.

Most facelift incisions healed very well but understand that any incision on any part of the body can normally be pink for up to 7 months.

Once your incisions have healed I use Scar Guard which I feel is better than Mederma and other topical scar creams.if you develop red or raised scars in the future the 1540 non-ablative fractional erbium laser can be very helpful.

Cream on suture line after facelift?

+2

Dear Cherrie,

Thank you for your post.  Surgeons are different and particular on what they want to have on incisions after surgery.  Best to consult with your surgeon on what they believe is best.  I personally have my patients use bacitracin for 1 week, then nothing.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Proactive skin care after a facelift

+2

You appear to be healing well and I would not use anything on the suture line at this point.  In may opinion antibiotic ointments will not prevent an infection but will keep the incision line moist and macerated and can negatively impact healing. After three weeks you can consider some proactive scar management by using a silicone type gel on the incisions.  Ask you plastic surgeon for advice.  

Incision care is important after surgery

+2

Many surgeons will recommend bacitracin ointment or a non medicated ointment such as Vaseline as part of their post-operative care instructions. Appropriate incision care is important after surgery. Contact your plastic surgeon. His or her office should be able to review their post-operative instructions with you. 

Joshua Rosenberg, MD

Cream on sutures after face lift

+1

Thank you for asking about cream for your face lift sutures.

1. I recommend that my face lift patients use Aquaphor for dry, itchy sutures.
  2. I do no recommend antibiotic ointment - it breeds resistant organisms, can cause allergies and does not prevent infection.
  3. Ask your face lift surgeon if Aquaphor is ok for you to use. If not, what does s'he suggest? Best wishes. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Cream on facelift stitches

+1

Your photos see normal and the pulling sensation is not uncommon, early on I like to use Bacitracin but other antibiotic creams should be fine

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon