Do I Need Rhinoplasty? (photo)

What is wrong with my nose? Do I need rhinoplasty to correct it? My nose has made it impossible for me to have a normal life; and I just want to get it fixed once and for all. Any answers will be so greatly appreciated. I just want this massive hump on the bridge gone. I don't want a perfect nose or small nose; I just simply want, DREAM, of having this unsightly hump on my bridge gone. I have suffered this nose for 10 years now, and I am now desperate to find a solution, any solution.

Do I need a rhinoplasty?

+2

"Need" is a strong word, but certainly based on your photos, a rhinoplasty could correct the bump on your bridge.  Your rhinoplasty surgeon would also probably recommend a radix graft, which is placed to build up the starting point of the nose, above the bump. 

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgery can easily remove your large nasal hump

+1

Rhinoplasty is, in fact, the name of the surgery that would be used to remove the hump on the bridge of your nose.

This would be a very straightforward procedure, done easily without any external incisions so that your problem would be at an end.

Not only would rhinoplasty surgery enable you to have the hump on the bridge of your nose removed, but the entire shape of your nose would be more refined and fit in better with the natural contours of your face overall.

That said, although you do not "need" this surgery, it is clearly something that has bothered you significantly for a long period of time (10 yrs). So, since it is easily fixed, I suggest you consult face-to-face with a couple of board-certified facial plastic surgeons. Choose the cosmetic surgeon whose skill and bedside demeanor you feel most comfortable with and move forward with your nasal surgery.

Michael R. Macdonald, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need Rhinoplasty?

+1

Aesthetically speaking the nose has a very large dorsal hump that can be reduced and refined through Rhinoplasty.  Nobody needs plastic and cosmetic surgery to make themselves more attractive but desire to do so for the aesthetic benefits it derives.  Hope this helps. 

Removal of Nasal Hump

+1

The hump can be removed with a limited rhinoplasty; this will make the bridge more proportional with other parts of your nose. If your nose is such as distraction, change it and move on.

Rhinoplasty

+1

No one needs cosmetic surgery. They get it because they want it. It's not like a burst appendix that needs to be surgically removed. Your posted photos show a large (bone and cartilage) hump on the bridge. This is readily removed by standard rhinoplasty and will definitely need an infracture to close the roof after the hump is removed. Other issues may be addressed but your posted photos are limited and do not allow a full assessment.

Your statement that it makes "it impossible for me to have a normal life" is very concerning. You should not have any nasal surgery until this is investigated to make sure there are no other issues that would complicate a smooth recovery from surgery. Unless there is some functional problem your current condition should not normally prevent you from leading a normal life.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Treating the dorsal hump would certainly bring your nose into better aesthetics. Good luck with your decision.

Rhinoplasty for bump removal etc.

+1

Removal of the bo and narrowing the bridge and tip will give you aore attractive nose.  See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses.