What Should I Put Underneath Breasts? (photo)

Should I keep them dry until they heal, then use some ointment for scars? or maybe medicated ointment at night and dry during day? These are awful looking scars & hate to let them be.

What Should I Put Underneath Breasts?

+2

You should ask your surgeon for his advice. I recommend antibiotic ointment for 2-3 weeks and leave the wound open. Once everything is healing nicely, switch to paper tape or silicone sheets or cream. Massage can also help.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Post-op lift and augmentation incision care

+2

Doctors wil have different post-op care instructions for patients and so I think it is best to ask your doctor. I have patients wear steri-strips for several weeks.  Sometimes if edges haven't healed I will recommend different dressing methods.

Scarring after breast Lift

+2

Just keep the wound well covered, your practice nurse should do this for you.

Don't fret about the scar just yet as it is very early. The remodelling takes 6-9months. So once the scar is dry, then use all the scar creams (silicone sheets) to help during the remodelling stage.

If after 9months you are not happy, then get your surgeon to do a scar revision.

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement

+1

You need to heal the wounds before you worry about the scars. I would have you wash with soap and water than apply antibiotic ointment. Once the wound has healed you could look at all of your scar treating options

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

What Should I Put Underneath Breasts?

+1

Hello. Your question is very interesting. In my particular case a cure let the first 15 days during which only you have to apply a powder scar and using a support bra which will wear day and night the first month

Yvelise Bello Paredes, MD