Permanent Makeup Lash Enhancer After Eyelid Lift?

My lower eyelids are not the same after eyelids done. I see the white of my eyes a bit more. Should I still consider permanent makeup eyelash enhancer or eyeliner ? I don't want to look like Michael Jackson.

+1

Permanent makeup is more a personal choice and outside the expertise of this surgeon.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Permanent malposition of the lower eyelid after blepharoplasty may require surgical treatment.

+1

If enough time is past and all conservative measures have been exhausted surgery will be required to restore the normal position of the lower lid. This has really no effect on permanent eyeliner.

Possible lower eyelid malposition

+1

What you are describing is scleral show and can be due to over resection of skin of the lower eyelids.  Normally the lower eyelid should cover about 2 mm of the colored portion of the eye or iris.  If you are early in the post operative period this lid malposition may improve with time. Otherwise you may need a surgical correction especially if the lower eyelid is lax.  

It is not normal for blepharoplasty to pull the lower eyelid down.

+1

Inferior scleral show is a complication of lower eyelid surgery.  It will not repair itself with more time.  Still, if the issue does not bother you very much, it is not necessarily something you have to have fixed.  If you decide to do a lash liner, less is more.  Remebember, style change over time.  You what something that will roll with the style changes that tend to occur over time.

Eye change after blepharoplasty

+1

Thank you for asking about permanent make up to enhance your blepharoplasty result.

1. Blepharoplasty can pull the lid down a little. Wait six months.
  2. Permanent make up may help. Be allergy tested first.
  3. It is painful - a doctor should numb your yes for your comfort in advance,
  4. Dark brown has a softer look than black.
  5. The color should go in between the lashes - too little is better than too much for a natural look. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD