Why does my neck look worse than before after Neck Liposuction?
Doctor Answers (5)
Neck looks worse after liposuction
- There is no such thing as hard fat.
- But your neck could have been fibrous if If you have had surgery, injury or previous liposuction in the neck.
- In this case, a neck liposuction might be ineffective.
- Neck liposuction causes swelling that can obscure the result at first.
- I have seen many patients with liposuction done by doctors who are not plastic surgeons and cannot do effective liposuction.
- If your surgery was not a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon - wait six weeks to let swelling subside further and then get a second opinion from a proper plastic surgeon if you are still concerned. Best wishes.
Post op Liposuction
You might also like...
Earl Stephenson Junior MD DDS FA CS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.