I'm Having my BBL at End of May 2013. Can I Travel Via Car for 14 Hrs and 6 1/2 Wks Post?

I'm worried about losing most of my fat cells because of a long drive, 14 hrs. I would only stop for fuel and bathroom breaks. My surgery is 5/28/13 and Im traveling on 7/12/2013.

Travel

+1

at 6 weeks you should be able to travel and the grafts should have revascularized by this point in time.

Fat Survival Postop

+1
At 6.5 weeks postop, the fat that will survive has already developed a new blood supply.  It will survive despite a long drive.  Safe travels.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Grafts Should Be Fine at 6 1/2 weeks.

+1

I would say  that at 6 1/2 weeks the grafts should be fine.  I would agree with Dr. Hughes that frequent breaks are recommended and off loading pressure with cushioning would be advisable.  Best Wishes

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+1

By 6 weeks, the fat that exists should be alive.  However, no one knows if the fat is more easily insulted during long periods of sitting at this time point.  I think you should ask your surgeon, but I would say that 6.5 weeks is long enough to travel, but I would recommend frequent breaks to take pressure off of the buttocks.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA