Do I Need a Mini Tummy Tuck or Laser Skin Tightening? (photo)

I recently started competing in bikini fitness bodybuilding competitons, and I like to fine tune my tummy. I have a small section of loose skin more around my navel area that really bothers me. Im not interested in Liposuction and I don't think I need muscle tightening but I'm not sure what I need. I also look into Laser skin tightening but again I'm not sure. I would like to go pro one day and I think this issue will hender me. I will supply current photos below... Please help!

Help With Figure Competitor

+2

As a bodybuilder who has treated other bodybuilders, I would say that you have very little that needs to be treated.  From the pictures, I would be hard pressed to recommend anything.  An in-person examination would be mandatory.  Please find the plastic surgeon with the elite credentials to manage your physique.

Do I Need a Mini Tummy Tuck or Laser Skin Tightening?

+2

Your posted photos DO NOT demonstrate the area you are questioning well. And yes you are not a candidate for any surgery, TT, mini TT, Lipo. As for the non invasive skin tightening options, they all are multiple sessions and expensive with very unpredictable outcomes. It is your decision to try one of these non invasive modalities. 

+2

On the photos you have posted I am having difficulty seeing enough of a problem to suggest treatment. In terms of mini-TT, any mild abnormality of wound healing may leave you with a lesser overall appearance rather than any improvement. Laser skin tightening is not too reliable outside the face, and many products have a higher risk profile for African-American patients.

Thanks for your question, and for the attached photos. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck or laser skin tightening?

+1
A mini tummy tuck is best suited for those who cannot reduce the bulging beneath their navels or who have stretched, lax skin, therefore it may not be suitable for you based on the photos you've provided. You look like you're in great shape and may not be a suitable candidate for a tummy tuck. Please see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to confirm suitability.

You can try laser skin tightening or micro needling, as these may help. However please note that they tend to achieve unpredictable results or require several sessions to obtain noticeable improvement.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Mini tummy tuck vs. Laser skin tightening

+1

Laser Skin tightening can correct loose skin on the abdomen.  A tummy tuck will correct loose rectus muscles, which you have toned very well. A mini tummy tuck may not be warranted with the amount of loose skin you have. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Best Surgery for my Abdominal Wall ( Body Builder)?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You should be proud of the physique you have created. I do not think that any surgical intervention is indicated. I would also suggest that you be very skeptical about any noninvasive modalities;  I would be concerned that you will waste your time/resources.

Skin tightening

+1

Based on your photos, I can't really see much loose skin.  It's very possible that you may get a good result with Smart Lipo laser, Thermage, or a new device called ThermaGen.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Impressive Physique

+1
Congratulations on you physique.  Impressive what can be accomplished with hard work.  With respect skin tightening, I would agree that a tummy tuck, umbilicoplasty or liposuction would not benefit you.  A small amount of skin laxity can be improved with non-invasive treatments such as SkinTyte, Titan, other radiofrequency devices, and even Ultherapy in an off label use.   These devices require multiple treatments to get the improvement you are looking for.  Good luck.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon