How Long Will I Swell when I Get Lipo on my Back? (photo)

Do you think lipo on my back is necessary?

Liposuction of Back and Duration of Swelling

+1

The liposuction of the back can produce dramatic results in certain patients, but the duration of swelling can last for months and months.

How Long Will I Swell when I Get Lipo on my Back?

+1

Swelling may last for 3-4 months before you see the final result. Practically speaking, however, most swelling in the back area following liposuction is gone in 6 weeks or so. Swelling is related to how much fat must be removed and your excess fat seems to be mild to moderate, so you should see a significant improvement within 3 to 4 weeks. Liposuctions in the abdomen area may take longer to subside. Be sure to wear the pressure garmet suggested by your plastic surgeon, and do not get over-heated in the first couple of weeks, as this will lengthen the recovery time.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Lipo of the back

+1

The swelling is usually 80-90 per cent gone by 4-6 weeks.You have soem excess fat and the back/flank area  are soemtimes diet resistant.s

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Back Liposuction

+1

You will likely swell for 10-14 days (at least) after liposuction in this area. It looks like you're a great candidate because it seems you have stubborn fat pockets but not a need for dramatic weight loss. By wearing your prescribed pressure garment, you can help reduce swelling time and appearance. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Back Liposuction

+1

After any liposuction, you should expect to have swelling for several weeks.  While most of the swelling will go away during this time, you will continue to see positive changes in your contour for several months.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Liposuction on the back?

+1

Liposuction on the back can take a bit longer than other parts of the body for all the swelling to go away. Good candidates for liposuction there, typically have nice results. Talk to your PS about this - Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Back liposuction

+1

Liposuction of the back is a bit tougher than for other areas because the fat tends to be more fibrous. Swelling can last several months.

Swelling After Lipo

+1

I don't see any back rolls to lipo, but perhaps you are referring to your hips,which can be improved.  Youi wear a compression garment for 4 weeks posop, and swelling is minimal and shoud subside by then.  Hope this helps.

Peter J. Simon, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Swelling Resolution Following Liposuction

+1

Whether you want liposuction of your back is entirely up to you; it is an elective procedure, not a necessary one. The picture you provided does not show excessive lipodystrophy, but I assume you are referring to the posterior iliac crest region as it appears there is some mild fullness there. If you are bothered by fat deposits that have not improved with diet and exercise, then these areas can be effectively treated with liposuction. A post-operative compression garment will improve your recovery, and I recommend patient wear that for at least 6 weeks. You can expect swelling to completely resolve over 3-4 months post-op. Your surgeon should be able to provide more information based upon the type of surgical procedure you have.

Best wishes. Ken Dembny

Kenneth Dembny, II, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after liposuction

+1

Liposuction works by creating tunnels in fat.  The tunnels collapse over time, and it is this collapse that provides contour improvement.  Swelling from surgery lasts from 7-14 days; full collapse of tunnels with contouring can take as long as 8 weeks.  Wear your compressive garments until you can poke yourself where you were treated without causing discomfort.

Daniel Greenwald, MD