I Am About to Have a Direct Hernia (Female Inguinal) Repaired with Mesh - Will It Interfere with a Near Future Tummy Tuck?

My general surgeon says he wants to do a laparascopic repair of a direct/inguinal hernia with mesh. I informed him I plan to have a tummy tuck in the near future having lost already thirty pounds and hoping to lose about thirty more (I am 155 now) and he said this will not interfere with that. I have scarring from four C-sections already and a ventral hernia repair above that. Are there any other questions or info I need to know from you or him?

Hernia repair and tummy tuck

+1

The repair of the inguinal hernia, the ventral hernia, and the four C-sections will not interfere with your future tummy tuck.  Losing the extra weight will also help you get a better result.

+1

A laproscopic hernia repair should not cause any problem with a future TT.  Espcially since you have some time to let it heal while you lose the rest of the weight that you want to lose.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Future Tummy Tuck

+1

Hello

I think it will safe for your to undergo a Tummy Tuck after you have your laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair.  It should not be a contraindication to the surgery in the future.

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon