I Had a Breast Lift Without Implants 16 Days Ago. My Breasts Look Very Square Now? (photo)

16 days ago I had a full breast lift after having implants removed. My breasts have taken on a very square look and they are very firm all around the nipple. My surgeon will not recommend any particular bra, just says to get one that is shaping. I have tried on at least 35 bras and not finding anything that fits, supports, and molds this square shape into a more natural shape. Am I going to stay like this? Is there any bra that will help? Thank you.

My Breasts Look Very Square Now?

+1

Although there does appear to be some tissue deficit in the lower inner breast areas, the shapes otherwise look quite reasonable. At two weeks it is way too early to consider this a final result. After removing implants,it will take some months for whatever skin shrinkage that will occur to occur. A support bra is reasonable, though it won't change the shape of the breast. 

You may already have done this, but by shopping at Nordstrom's or a similar store you will have access to women much more skilled in bra fitting than you are likely to find in a plastic surgeon's office. 

Thanks, best wishes.

Early Postoperative Concerns about Shape after Breast Lift

+1

The shape of your breasts will change and change in the next few months.  Some support is advisable, but nothing with a wire or anything else that will put pressure on the healing areas.

Bra after breast lift

+1

Hello Healingmode, thanks for your question!  I provide my breast lift and breast augmentation patients with a surgical bra for them to wear after surgery. It clasps in the front which is most convenient for them. I advise you to wear a bra like that for at least a month after surgery.

Since your surgery was only 16 days ago, you won't see your final results for several months as it takes that long to heal.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Breast shape after reduction

+1

Since you are early post-op, it is difficult to tell what your final result will be.  As for the bra, that is a personal choice.

Bra Options

+1

It's shocking that your surgeon would end you out on your own so soon after surgery.  In any case, Design Veronique is one company that makes excellent post-operative bras.  D'Andrea and La Michelle are the two that I commonly use after breast reductions to help support the breasts and create a beautiful, round shape.  You should be wearing some form of surgical/ support bra 24/7 for at least the first six weeks but commonly up to three months after surgery.  Good luck...

Eric Sadeh, MD

I Had a Breast Lift Without Implants 16 Days Ago. My Breasts Look Very Square Now?

+1

You need to discuss with your surgeon the healing phases of breast lifting. You are STILL early in the healing phase. so at least 3 months is needed before you can determine if the results are poor. 

2 weeks is still very early to be concerned about final shape after breast lift!

+1

Your breasts will continue to change in appearance for 6-12 months after surgery, and scars will often take that long to completely mature and fade as well. I don't think that a bra can "shape" your breasts to a desired appearance, and certainly removal of implants and undergoing a full breast lift is a major change.

Be patient with yourself and your surgeon. Wear any supportive bra that does not irritate your incisions (usually not an underwire at this point in your recovery), but allows the tissues to adhere and heal as they should. Keep your activities low for now.

Most importantly, follow your surgeon's advice and recommendations, and keep in touch with your surgeon, even if recheck appointments aren't scheduled--make one if you have questions or concerns. Your surgeon wants your result to be as good as you do! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

It's a good idea to be patient.

+1

Thanks for sharing. All breast lift tend to tighten the skin and soft tissue of the breast and what you are describing is not abnormal. Let your plastic surgeon know your concerns. At 16 days is way too early to judge this as final. Dr. Guerra.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Concerns after Removal of Breast Implants/Mastopexy?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

As you can imagine, it is not possible to provide you with precise advice without direct examination. However, you can have some peace of mind that your breasts will change over the course of the next few months and even up to one year after surgery. Swelling will resolve, scars will soften up, and the skin will “bounce back” to some degree ( after removal of breast implant surgery).

Therefore, the best advice I can give you at this time is to continue to be patient and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to advise and/or reassure you.