Hello, I was wondering what can be done if I have one nostril that is a different shape than the other? (photo)

Its been three years since i had it done.

Hello, I was wondering what can be done if I have one nostril that is a different shape than the other?

+1
Minimal asymmetry can cause maximal scarring if you attempt operative correction. Please re consider this before doing any incisions... 

Nostril asymmetry

+1
Asymmetry is not unusual.  Differences in the shape of the nostrils is not uncommon and a surgical correction is not a good alternative.  

Nostrils with Different Shapes

+1
The difference in the shape of your nostrils is secondary to the difference in the retraction of your nostril rims. While perfect symmetry is never a goal I would put a small cartilagegraft  at the rim of the nostril that is higher, seen in the frontal view.

+1
   I would leave this alone as any change will never be perfect and the asymmetry is slight.

A lot can be done

+1
this is a common situation for us Plastic Surgeons and there are techniques that can help you achieve the symmetry you are looking for. i would go for shorten a little bit your left  nose trill but that's up to you. Visit a Board certified Plastic Surgeon with experience on nose jobs and explain him which one you prefer.

Luis Redondo, MD

Depends which nostril you prefer

+1
There are two types of nostril revision procedures.  You can enlarge the smaller one or reduce the larger one.  Alar rim grafts and/or lower lateral cartilage revision can be used to accomplish this.  Discuss these with your plastic surgeon.  Depending on what you decide on either a closed or open approach can be performed.  Lower lateral cartilage revision is routinely performed in an open approach for secondary rhinoplasty procedures.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Asymmetric nostrils

+1
Not sure what you are bothered by. I doubt that anyone is ever going to see your nostrils from below. They are very close to each other. Remember that there will be some risk to trying to make it better. 

Ronald Schuster, MD