6 weeks post op of Juvederm, I have jaw pain and intermittent swelling of lips, marionette and nasolabial areas. Is this normal?

I had one syringe total injected for juvederm for marionette, nasobial and upper and lower lip lines. Had this done one year ago without any complications. Now i have jaw pain, swelling of all injected areas that comes and goes along with sinus and jaw pain. What's going on? Should I panic or ride it out. Thanks

Swelling and Pain 6 Weeks after Juvederm

+1
6 weeks after injections with Juvederm, you should not have pain or swelling in the area.  In my experience, this is typically a sign of a low grade infection.  In this situation, I would dissolve the filler and start the patient on antibiotics.  Patients will respond well to this treatment without any long term complications.  I would advise an in person evaluation.  

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pain and swelling 6 weeks after Juvederm

+1
I would advise you to see your injector for an evaluation. While I can't say for certain if you have an infection or something like that, swelling and pain should not be occurring 6 weeks out. Now, I'm NOT saying to panic, but at least be seen by a trained professional.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD