I'm 126 lbs, 5'4. The doctor told me he can only do 300cc. Is he right? Can I get 350cc or 400cc?

Gluteal Implant Size

+1
I don't agree that there is one "right" implant for patients for buttock augmentation or breast augmentation.  Skin can stretch and accommodate any size actually.  If you have your implants placed in the subfacial plane, you can use larger implants.  The risk with larger implants is 1. visibility laterally (on the side) which fat grafting can help to hide and 2. Larger implants have to have a larger incision (slightly).  I think you can have the buttock that you are dreaming of with implants.  Best of luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Butt implant sizes

+1
In order to accurately address the size needed for your body type the dimensions and measurements taken during a face-to-face consultation are the only way to be sure. Once those are taken, the options for sizes are chosen from a catalog based on projection and what can be accommodated by your gluteal muscles. There is also an option for implants to be made specifically for you and your body.

Thank you for your question!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Buttock implants sizing

+1
One of the most important factors in creating the perfect derriere with implants is indeed selecting the right size AND shape. I have found the best way to assure this is to simply measure the actual dimensions of the patient’s buttock cheeks. With these anatomical measurements, I can select an implant that not only significantly augments the buttock but also supplies the correct 3-dimensional enhancement to look as real as possible. Therefore the only way for you to know what implant works best is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in this procedure and have him/her take your measurements before selecting an implant and proceeding with surgery.
The largest stock buttock implant currently available in the USA is a 690cc round implant. Indeed custom implants can be ordered larger, not only at a premium price but at a premium risk for most patients'. Unlike breast implants which are placed under the very expandable tissue of the breast and half of the pectoral major muscle, buttock implants are (most preferably) placed under (or at least within) the largest strongest muscle of the body, the gluteus maximus muscle, which is not nearly as expandable or forgiving. Thus most patients simply do not have a large enough native buttock muscle to fit an implant over even 500 ccs', without leading to significant complication such as wound breakdown/opening &/or implant exposure...necessitating removal.
Thus some of those sought after video-vixen and celeb-types (without mentioning names) with cartoonish bottoms could have either gotten extremely lucky with a huge oversized implant, had a very large volume of filler injected such as silicone or hydrogel (all highly NOT recommended because of possible risk of severe infections and even deadly complications), and/or have been genetically "blessed".
I generally do not recommend fat grafting at the same time as placing buttock implants because of a significantly increased risk of infection. For fat to survive it must be grafted into muscle, however that is also where the implant sits. Thus, if fat it injected into the implant or implant pocket then it will die and almost assuredly get infected - necessitating removal of the implant as well.
Nonetheless, buttock implants are a proven safe and effective method of buttock augmentation as long as the recommendations of a board certified plastic surgeon specialist are adhered to.
Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD