After a Fat Transfer to my lips, one is much bigger, when can I expect to look normal?

I got fat grafting to lips during lipo. The objective was to get more applied to top than the bottom but my bottom lip is swollen more. Currently I am 4 days post op and they look horrible. What is a realistic time I can expect to look "normal" (not final results but looking human). From a far it looks like my tongue is poking out. He said he was to do 5cc to bottom and 5 on each side to top. Is the bottom lip more prone to swelling? Can I get an injection to expedite swelling?

Too early

+1
I think it's way too early to judge the results from your augmentation. We should wait at least a month before the final result will be evident. As a norm 40% of the injected goes away. Small discrepancies can be corrected with small quantities of filler.

Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat injection to the lips

+1
Thank you for your pictures. You are early in your recovery. Swelling will greatly reduce over several weeks. Result will become more visible at that time. Please follow up with your plastic surgeon as he or she instructs.

Good luck.

Earl Stephenson Jr MD DDS of ACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Fat Transfer to the Lips

+1
Being POD 4 you are very swollen and this is likely not reflective of the final outcome.  You have to wait 6-12 weeks to determine the actual size.   Seek the opinion of your surgeon, as some are known to inject steroids or give oral steroids and/or diuretics to bring down the swelling if it persists beyond 3-4 weeks.  At this point, ice, elevation, and time are what you need.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Lip augmentation

+1
Lip augmentation with fat transfer will have significant swelling. Need to wait about 6-12 weeks to see the final result. Be patient, you are only 4 days post surgery.