Is It Common to Have Only a Few Months of Really Good Effect After Botox Injections?

I had 40 units in my forehead and at the outer corner of my eyes on July 24, 2013 and already there is movement above my eyebrows and a little in the "11" area. Its not the first time I have had short term results only to have the movement come back in about half the time everyone else claims to have ! But I never had 40 units before. Discouraging... because it looks very nice while it lasts.

+1

yes, Botox, Dysport or Xeomin all last about 3 months.  If you repeate the injections sooner, before the muscle function completely returns this can create an added duration of effect from increasing the amount of muscle weakening.

Average Botox Result Lasts 3-4 Months

+1

Thank you for your question. The average Botox effect lasts 3-4 months. The fact that increased dosage of more units has not improved your result may imply resistance. I agree that a trial of Dysport may solve the problem. A new product Xeomin  is not yet approved but will be and is a longer lasting agent.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

How long Botox lasts

+1

Botox injections usually lasts 3-4 months on average before the effect goes. You can always try Dysport it may last longer it works different on each patient.

Jhonny Salomon, MD

Botox response.

+1

Most patients will have a 3-4  month response before all the effect is gone. Some longer. You may have very strong muscles or high ability to break it down and need higher doses to increase longevity. Some patients have a better response to dysport then botox and you may want to try that instead next time and see how you do.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long do Botox effects last

+1

Remember that when we say Botox lasts 3-4 months, this is the total time from baseline to return to baseline. It will gradually wear off in some areas faster than others, and it also depends on the actual strength of your muscles. 40 units to treat the full forehead, glabella, and crow's feet is on the lower side - I most often use 50 units for these areas. When the total number of units is scrimped, so are the lasting effects.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox should last about 2.5-3.5 months, but different for different areas

+1

Everyones Botox lasts differently, but in general my patients see 2.5-3.5 months worth of effect.  The effect ends gradually in some or abruptly in others.  The glabella will last the longest and the forehead and lips will last the shortest.  Crows feet are in the middle.  40 units is on the low side if you had glabella (15-25u), crows feet (10-20u), and forehead (6-10u).  The more Botox you get, the longer the results.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgery, Destin and Panama City, Florida.

Steven F. Weiner, MD