How Many Cc's is a "Safe" Increase? I Trust my PA, He Did an Amazing Job First Time Around, Just Want Another Opinion?

I'm 5'2" and weigh 110 lbs. I currently have in 250 cc in the left and 275 cc in the right. Saline under the muscle. I've had them in 18 years with no issues and they still look great. I'm about a 32C. I wanted to go larger and was under the impression that was doable but at my preop today the nurse and PA said that they think going over 300 cc's would not be good because I don't have much natural breast tissue. They said they would discuss it with my PS and decide during surgery.

Implant Size Increase of 25 cc

+1

In general, 100 cc or more should be considered for implant replacement.  25 cc will not be noticed by anyone, including the patient.  To merit the risks associated with surgery, there should be a meaningful change.

Bigger breast implants

+1

It is nice to see that you've had implants for 18 years and are happy with them.  Going up 50cc is probably not worth the trouble.  Your plastic surgeon will give you a better idea of what is safe and reasonable.

Dennis Dass, MD

Pick the right profile

+1

My rule of thumb is if you are going to go bigger, you need to add at least 100cc to make it worth the risk of surgery.  If you do that, you will need to change profiles (your current implant is a "moderate" profile) so it may be a high profile implant at that size.  If you don't have much tissue to cover the implant, change to a silicone gel implant.  But from what you describe, I'm sure you look great and you may just want to sit tight!  Bigger is not always better...  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me (Revisionary Surgery)?

+1

Thank you for the question. It sounds to me like you may better through from additional time spent with your plastic surgeon, not the physician assistant.

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “going larger” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Implant for revision

+1

I think it is best to review your choice of implants with your surgeon. 25 cc increase in volume is not really noticeable.

Reaugment

+1
First, decisions as to implant size should be made by doctor AND patient prior to surgery and not intraoperatively. Second, an increase of 25 cc will not be noticeable at all, meaning that there is no reason for you to undergo revision unless, given the age of the implants, you would like to exchange them at this time prophylactically.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Size increase.

+1

I think you should have an in person evaluation by the surgeon. If the PA is recommending only a 25 to 50 cc increase, it is quite likely that you will not even notice a size difference, and therefore you may well want to consider not changing out the implants. Every surgery has risks and benefits, and if there is little to no benefit, the risks outweigh them. 

Thank you for this question, best wishes.