2 Days Post Op Lollipop Lift? Does This Look Normal? (photo)

I had implant removal (280 cc) and a Lollipop lift. I think...I was surprised my stitches went further than the crease line, one longer than other and he said he removed about 100 cc of fat from each breast. Does this look normal? The breasts feel soft at top and bottom but kinda hard in the middle. How much of this is swelling? I was about a 38 DD before and was suppose to be a C after. I'm not going to be a C am I? This scares me. I don't go back for 13 days. Is this ok?

Lollipop scar require significant expefience

+4
From the pictures , it seems that there is a high chance that the results may not be as good as you want. It is hard to tell what happened but it could be that your breast implants have "bottomed" out" and migrated below the breast crease.
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Lollipop Lift and Breast Implant Removal

+3

You appear to have an immense about of swelling, and predicting the final size at this point is difficult.  I use the vertical lift about 1 out of every 10 times, because most patients need some type of inferior skin resection to give more superior pole fullness and reduce the NAC to IMF distance.  Do not despair.  Just heal for now.  A revision later, if necessary, can make the result much better.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

You may be correct

+3

You may very well end up bigger than a C here and the incision does appear a bit long.  I would suggest discussing your concerns with your surgeon.  It may be best to bring in these photos and show him/her your concerns rather than point to them in a mirror as often it is easier to discuss concerns while looking directly at an image rather than trying to lift up your breast and show the incision in a mirror.  Much of the irregularity and swelling will indeed go away with time and things will improve however the problems you point out look like they may persist.  Good luck and speedy recovery!

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Lollipop lift results

+1
Doing a lollipop lift and trying to avoid a scar in the breast crease can lead to a very long vertical scar, which can extend below the crease and make the nipple seem too high on the breast. Sometimes, when everything settles, the breast eventually covers the scar fully, but sometimes a horizontal scar in the crease is needed to avoid a permanent scar on the upper abdomen and to restore the normal distance from the nipple to the crease. The size is too hard to predict two days after surgery, and it's much easier to tell about a month after surgery what the size will be.
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Does This Look Normal?

+1

Thanks for your question and for the posted photos. Although it is not entirely fair to comment without seeing pre-op photos, based upon what I see here I think another surgeon might have recommended a full anchor pattern lift.

With the implant and tissue removal, expect 1 1/2 to 2 cup sizes smaller volume once the swelling has resolved. 

After this has all healed converting the lift to a full anchor pattern should resolve the problem.

All the best. 

Lollipop lift

+1

Based on your photos, you have a lot of swelling in your breasts.  You scars are a little long and onto your chest.  Although you may look better as the swelling subsides, you may need breast excision inferiorly as the distance from your nipple to chest crease line seems to be long.  Please share your concern with your plastic surgeon; however, wait at least 3 months prior to any revision.

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsurgery.com

Lollipop lift

+1

It is too early to say how things will turn out.  You may need a small inframammary skin excision if this does not heal to your satisfaction.  Follow-up closely with your surgeon.

Breast Lift

+1

I agree with Dr Rand. The design was poor and the results will be poor. You stll will need the incision in the infra mammary crease, because the distance from the nipple to the inframammary crease is too long.

Lollipop lift question

+1

I am not a fan of the lollipop lift as I believe it has limitations and can cause some pretty poor results all from tying to eliminate what is the least visible of the scars, namely the one in the crease. Now that your surgery is done, all you can do is to trust your chosen surgeon and wait 6 months for the final result.  But I would say that with a nicely done anchor scar lift, you'd look much better right now and would'nt have a scar going down onto the abdomen. Your nipples look very high too and it is very hard to bring them down later.