What Is Your Opinion On Gentlelase for Wrinkles Around Eyes?

I'm receiving GentleLase treatments for fine lines around my eyes. I've read that GentleLase is mainly for hair removal but I've seen a sentence or two saying it helps with wrinkles too. I just want to firm the skin & increase collagen. I'm 53 w/ very good skin, have had CO2 & fractional, know they are the best but have this package and they don't do either of these. What are your thoughts on using GentleLase for wrinkles? Am I wasting my money? Can this laser go deep enough to produce collagen?

Try CO2 Laser

+1
GentleLase is not typically used first line for wrinkling. As you will find, it is typically used for hair removal and also occasionally for lentigines or freckles. When using this non-ablative light source, I do see some mild increase in fine wrinkles - especially around the eyes.

The CO2 laser is usually more helpful in this arena. There are also additional lasers, like the Erbium YAG and Clear + Brilliant, which have been used for fine lines and wrinkles with more documented success than GentleLase.

Gentle Lase for wrinkles

+1
The Gentle Lase Laser is a fabulous laser for laser hair removal for individual with light skin and dark hair.  While I have heard that some people use it for fine lines, there are much better lasers for fine lines and wrinkles from Clear and Brilliant, Fraxel,  V-Beam to EMatrix, or Thermage.  Gentle Lase would not even be on my list.  Please find a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Gentlelase laser

+1

The Gentlelase is a hair removal laser.In fact, it is absolutely the most effective and safest laser for hair removal of light to medium skinned individuals.

Many lasers have lultiple functions, for example the V-Beam perfecta is wonderful both treating rosacea and facial veins, used on different settings, the V-Beam perfecta is great for crepey skin and fine lines. Go for the Perfecta for lines around the eyes, not the gentlelase

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon