Can a Gentle Collision Harm the Healing of the Nose After a Rhinoplasty?

I received a rhinoplasty about a week and half ago-- a hump that extended from the bridge of my nose was removed. As I took a sip of water, I accidentally hit the rim of the cup to my bridge. Although, the hit was gently it felt really sensitive! I felt the bridge of my nose with my finger and I felt a little dent-- I'm not sure if it was there before or not, but I'm starting to get concerned! Is this something to worry about?

+1

It is possible your result can be affected from any kind of trauma so soon after a rhinoplasty.  I think you should go and discuss this with your surgeon so it can be evaluated in a more professional way.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Bumping Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Potentially, but it is unlikely if it is just a gentle bump. Be sure to see your surgeon if you are concerned.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Can A Gentle Collision Harm the Healing Of The Nose After A Rhinoplasty?

+1

Since your surgery was only a week and half ago, it is possible you could harm your nose by bumping it.  You didn't say if you had a nasal splint on for protection, but regardless you should follow up with your Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation as soon as possible.  Best wishes for a fast recovery!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD