Gentle Blowing OK Two Days After Rhinoplasty?

I just had my rhinoplasty done two days ago & today it suddenly felt as though there was blood dripping from the upper part of one nostril, & out of force of habit I (gently) blew it. Could I have done damage to the sutures holding the cartilidge? I had a round tip so he folded & stitched it. :(

Blowing Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Depending on what was done with each rhinoplasty, I instruct my patients not to blow their nose for 2-3 weeks after surgery However, patients do place ointment on the incision lines and use saline sprays to clean the nose.

Blowing Nose after Rhinoplasty Nasal Surgery

+1

Generally, gentle nose blowing should not cause any damage or shift the nasal cartilage after rhinoplasty. Most plastic surgeons will ask patients not to blow their nose, since it may cause bleeding or promote swelling.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and nose blowing

+1

I recommend to my patients to not touch their nose untilt he splint is removed.  After that time they can shower and clean their nose at that time when it is moist gently with a q-tip. They can not blow their nose for 3 weeks.

Gentle nose blowing 2 days after Rhinoplasty Surgery should not be problematic.

+1

Patients will inevitably sneeze after Rhinoplasty Surgery, and this does not lead to problems. Gentle blowing of your nose should not compromise your final result. I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon