Can Gentle Scratching Effect Rhinoplasty Results?

This morning, before getting out of the house, i used sunscreen to protect my nose from the sun (my nose was white), but the problem is at the end of the day i couldn't remove it, so i started gently scrathing my nose to remove the white parts, did i ruin my results? (it's been 2 weeks and 4 days) [i'm so paranoid lately hehe]

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty, for over 20 years and IMHO it's unlikely that scratching the skin would injure your nose after a Rhinoplasty.  It's always best, IMO, to be over cautious and gentle with the nose but it's an urban myth that smiling, laughing and light touching ruin the nose after Rhinoplasty, IMO.

Rhinoplasty Results

+1

Based on your description I do not think that any harm was done.

Best Wishes.

Scratching Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very unlikely you did any harm by scratching you nose to remove the sunscreen 2+ weeks after your rhinoplasty. In the future I suggest you use something like a facial cleanser which you can purchase anyplace that has skin care products.

Post rhinoplasty

+1
You should be fine with simple exfoliation of the nose. Sunscreen is always advisable and I am sure you have not caused any damage. I would suggest a lighter sunscreen maybe with out zinc oxide if it is causing a problem with removal by soap or face wash and warm water. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD