Would A Genioplasty Help Improve My Profile? (photo)

Hello! I Have been looking around alot and am wondering if a genioplasty would help improve my profile. I also had trouble finding specific info in the following: - Average cost in canada(Ontario) - Which kind of doc to see maxillofacial/ would i need to get a ref feral - Is there any risk of the bone to loose strength/density resulting in problems later on in life - and would it also help reduce the dark bags under eyes

Genioplasty

+1

Yes, genioplasty would improve your profile. You also have the option of having a chin augmentation which is a simpler solution with less risk. You should schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.   

Chin Implant vs Chin Osteotomy

+1

When you use the term genioplasty, you are ferring to either the use of an implant or an osteotomy. (actually moving the chin bone forward) Which one is better for you is a matter of further discussion and each has their own advantages and disadvantages. To get the best perspective, it is ideal to seek a surgeon who has considerable experience with bothi forms of genioplasty. That type of doc can cross multiple specialty lines, from either a plastic surgeon or a n oral-maxillofacial surgeon. The cost between these two procedures is different and can range anywhere from $3500 to $6500. Chin osteotomies do not cause any bone problems and heal quickly with good bone fill. No chin procedure will provide any benefit to under eye bags.

The severity of your chin deficiency suggests that you may be better suited for an osteotomy type of genioplasty. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD