1.5 Yrs Post Sliding Genioplasty; Results Too Big and Asymmetric. What Can I Do? (photo)

About 1 and a half years ago I underwent a sliding genioplasty and had my chin advanced 10mm. I am unhappy with the results as I feel my chin looks too big and it is not symmetric. In addition I have indentations and lines on my chin that were never there before. Is there anything I can do to shape my chin differently (now that I feel it is too big) and take care of the asymmetry?

Asymmetric chin after genioplasty

+1

While you need to see more views to get a better feel for the problem, you could consider having the right side of the chin shaved down some for symmetry.  If there are small bony gaps that you can feel after your genioplasty, the bone taken could be placed there to smooth out the divots.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Hall

Chin too big and asymmetric after sliding genioplasty

+1

You could consider having the bone shaved down to help fix the prominence and asymmetry. You could also consider repositioning the bone itself to make it less prominent.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Revision of Sliding Genioplasty

+1

The options would include secondary reshaping of the chin prominence and filling in the indentations of the existing osteotomy or redoing the osteotomy for some posterior recession. One would have to see different views of your chin to determine what may be the best choice for you.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD