I'm Looking into a Genioplasty or Implant to Fix my Receeding Chin, Also Would Smart Lipo Help Fix my Neck Fat? (photo)

My jaw seems to gather fat very fast and also my neck. I'm not overweight and it's hereditary as my father is the same. Would smart lipo help to get this problem fixed? My dental occlusion is good, apart from that when I push my lower jaw out it looks much better, but as my teeth fit ok I assume that would not be an option. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chin Augmentation and Liposuction - good combination for the right patient

+1

From your photos you may be a candidate for a Chin Augmentation and submental liposuction. This combination will result in a very significant improvement in your neck line and profile.if in fact you have redundant fat. Easy to tell by exam but sometimes difficult in photos to determine. In my experience there is nothing special about Smart Liposuction vs traditional liposuction for the neck region.

Chin implant with lipo, or not

+1

While I agree with my colleagues that a small chin implant may be useful for you, it's not entirely clear to me from this one photo that you have much fat in the submandibular area of the neck to suction.  Remember, if you try suctioning an area that is already thin, the risk of leaving grooves or indentations is higher, even when small cannulas are used.  Personally, I'd probably hold off on the liposuction, and re-evaluate after the chin augmentation.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Improving a receding chin

+1

Looking at your photo, you my benefit from liposuction of the neck/jowl area and small chin implant. Both of these procedures together yield a fantastic result and I think you would be very happy with the outcome! From here, I would recommend a consult with a board certified surgeon. He/she may use computer imaging software to morph your photo and give you an idea of how the final result may appear. I hope this helps, and good luck to you!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Options for receding chin

+1

From your photo, it does appear that your chin could be improved with more projection.  Since you mention that your dental occlusion is good, my recommendation would be to use an implant to achieve the augmentation.  Liposuction of the neck would give you more definition in that area as well.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon