Can a general practictioner or doctor in the ER drain my seroma?

I'm 7 weeks 3 days TT. I also had a breast lift with implant. All procedures were accompanied with liposuction.Approximately 2-3 weeks ago I noticed extensive swelling in my lower abdomen and mons. I had a routine check up with my PS 3 days ago and he drained what was probably close to 1.5litres of fluid. I've had a compression on but am swollen again in the upper mons and lower abdomen area. Can a GP or someone at the ER drain my seroma? What can I do in the immediate to eleviate discomfort?

Post op seromas

+1

can be drained by anyone qualified and familiar with the involved anatomy.  However, as mentioned, your surgeon should be most motivated to do this for you at no extra cost as it resulted from your tummy tuck.  The other doctors will charge for their services and have every right to do so.  If you don't stay on top of this, it can turn into a more chronic problem.

Drainage of Seromas

+1
Any qualified physician can drain a seroma if they are experienced and comfortable. Why wouldn't you go back to your Plastic Surgeon? It is not an emergency.

There is not much you can do to alleviate the pressure or discomfort of a seroma. If compression feels good, than use it. Motrin, Advil, or Alleve may help.

Consult your PS
Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon