Can I Combine Tummy Tuck with Brazilian Butt Lift? What Are The Risks?

hi ,,im 30 years old ,i weight 124, i have 3 kids, 9, 6,and 4, i had 3 c-setion and i wanted to do the tummy tuck with barazilian butt ,my first question is it safe to go through general inestesia , im healthy woman with no problem but im kinda worried about going though that . and for the past years how many people die from plastic sergery ,,and if they die was it from doctors fault or the enestesia or from something else , last question , can i combine tummy tuck with barazilian butt thanks.

Surgery Risk

+3

Any surgery carry a certain amount of risk. depending on your particular history and associated conditions , you will be assessed for the relative risk inyour own case.

After consultation and hearing the benifits and the risks of your particular surgery, you have to decide if you are willig to take the risk or not. That decision need to be done with your doctors and after having all th information. If you can not tolerate the risks then do not do the surgery.

Brazilian Butt Fat Transfer and Tummy Tuck combination

+2

It is possible and safe to do a fat transfer to the buttocks with reshaping of buttocks and waistline during the same procedure as a tummy tuck.  It is important that you be a good candidate for each of these procedures and in good general health.  Fat can be taken from the flanks (upper hips) and transfered to shape and enlarge the gluteal (buttock) region.  The "Brazilian" part of the surgery is done first.  You are then turned over to complete the tummy tuck. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Brazilian butt lift combined with tummy tuck.

+2

Hello. If you are healthy with no medical problems, yes you are indeed a candidate for both procedures at the same time. In my office we call this the "brazilian mommy makeover." What is very important is for you to have the support and help from someone following surgery. You will be in some pain which should be controlled with pain medication and discomfort. This procedure is safe as long as you go about it the correct way. Be sure to consult a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in both procedures for best results. Good luck to you!

Jaime Perez, MD

Best to separate procedures

+2

You seem like a good candidate for both procedures and general anesthsia poses a small risk for a young and healthy individual.  I don't recommend abdominoplasty with gluteal fat grafting at once in my practice.  I believe the positional restrictions in the operating room as well as after surgery affect the results.  I recomment having the Brazilian buttock lift first followed by abdominoplsty in three months.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS