Can General Anesthesia Cause Kidney Damage?

Had br surgery about a year ago, 2 months later fell ill with kidney problems. Took meds for it but the it doesn't subside. Also had an ed, bulimia mostly for 3 years off and on. Could it be possible for anesthesia to have affected my kidneys? I didn't fall ill in the three years I had the ed, and it so happened that I had kidney problems after the br. Could it also have been a problem waiting to be unleashed and the anesthesia did it? I'm quite concerned as I am also considering a br revision.

Anesthesia and Kidney Damage?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the kidney problems you have experienced. Your nephrologist will be in the best position to advise you about the possible etiology of your condition. He/she will benefit from a review of all of your medical  history, records and lists of medications that you have used  prior to the onset of kidney dysfunction. A review of your anesthesia record  may be helpful in answering your questions specifically.