General Anesthesia- How To Prevent Difficulty Urinating After the Procedure ?

I am a 38-year validity and good public process conducted in the previous tightening of the body under general anesthesia May experience difficulty urinating after the procedure and just after urinating for the first time no longer do I have this problem My question is there any action to avoid this problem? Is it likely to recur with me if it worked? Is there any medication or drug help der urine to avoid this problem?

+1

The Ability to initiate and maintain urinary flow depends on the coordination and functioning of several processes.
- relaxation of the pelvic diaphragm and a muscle which creates a mild kink on the urethra (urine tube leaving the bladder)
- lack of obstruction anywhere from the bladder neck to the opening of the urethra (no strictures, valves, tumors (such as large prostate)  or foreign bodies)
- Coordinated contraction of the bladder muscle

With the quality of anesthesia these days, they rarely use medications which interfere with bladder emptying however, performing a long operation while receiving intravenous fluids with a bladder which is not drained with a Foley catheter results in a greatly distended bladder at the end of surgery. When the bladder is that stretched out it is VERY hard for it to contract normally and the best solution is to catheterize the patient to deflate the bladder and allow the muscle to recover.

Next time you have surgery of this magnitude, a catheter should be placed in the bladder after you are asleep and be removed before you are fully awake. That would largely prevent difficulty urinating after surgery.