Distorted Boob After Explant and Lift...what Can I Do? (photo)

Breast implant removal (500cc) with full anchor lift. I had my implants removed with a full lift, My left boob has this sucked in look. As if it is being pushed/pulled in. It looks square and distorted. I understand that i am still healing 21 days post op but is this permenant. What can i do to help it settle into a boob like shape?

Distorted Boob After Explant and Lift...what Can I Do?

Although not perfect, it already looks a lot better than before surgery. At three weeks this may be a temporary contracture of the vertical scar. Breast massage may help--but check on this with your surgeon before starting. This may well resolve, but otherwise a minor revision can be done.

All the best. 

Distortion of breasts after implant removal and lift.

IMO, you are looking pretty good for just being three weeks post op and for how ginormous your implants and areolas were.  It looks like you had a vertical type lift and these can take a few months to settle.  Give it some time and if after 6 months or so, you are not happy, see if your surgeon can do a revision.  In the meantime, enjoy your current result, get some nice pretty bras (no more industrial strength bras needed) and have your surgeon take a look in another few months. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

21 days post implant removal and lift

At this point, you have to let things heal and settle. If the shape is not adequate, a revision may be necessary.