I Gave Myself a 70% Chemical Peel on Saturday, I Think I May Have Used too Much on my Skin

I gave myself a 70% chemical peel on Sat. I think I may have used too much not knowing if I put enough on. then, I let it sit for 4 mins. now my skin is burned from the peel. what can I use to help the healing process?? please help! thanks

Professional strength chemical peels are for professionals

+1
A professional strength chemical peel, such as a 70% glycolic acid peel, is easy to apply but there is a reason it is for professional use. A professional knows who the appropriate patient is, when to use or not use the peel, how to minimize the risk of complications, and what to do should they occur. See a board-certified dermatologist to manage your complications and don't treat yourself with professional strength products unless you are a professional. Dina D. Strachan, MD. NYC dermatologist. 212-627-1004

You should go see a specialist instead of treating yourself.

+1

Get an appointment with a good dermatologist who specializes in aesthetic treatments, so that you can get the best care and avoid complications from you self inflicted peel.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

What kind of peel?

+1

There are many kinds of peels. Hard to know what has happened without knowing what peel and how you look but I think that you should see a dermatologist and have this taken care of properly.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

You need to see a qualified physicain

+1

You have not indicated what kind of chemical you have used. I would suggest that you find a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to make sure you are OK.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Burns after at-home peel

+1

You need to see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon skilled in peeling to help you weather this crisis. Please don't do this again. It is so easy to hurt yourself trying at-home remedies. I hope you do not have any permanent injury.

Barry Resnik, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Don't do your own home peels. This is highly dangerous.

+1

1esha

What you are describing is that you burned your own skin and now you are in trouble.  I strongly advise that you immediately see a dermatologist, facial plastic surgeon, or general plastic surgeon to assess your face and determine what you need.  Just because you can buy these products on-line does not mean that this is a safe or prudent thing to do.  Good luck.