What is the Best Way to Gauge Price for Rhinoplasty?

Some will negotiate and others will not. Prices range from 5600, 6800, and 8000.

Cost of rhinoplasty

+1

Price ranges for rhinoplasty are extremely variable, anywhere from $5,000.00 to $15,000.00. The average price in the Seattle market is approximately $6,000.00 to 7,000.00. What is more important is not the price you pay for your nasal surgery, but the experience of who you go to. Select a surgeon who has performed the rhinoplasty operation thousands of times to keep the complications to a minimum. Even in experienced rhinoplasty hands you still stand 10 to 15% chance of requiring a touchup a year down the road. This is the healing process. Senior surgeons who have thousands of rhinoplasties under their belt typically do not negotiate price. Surgeons who are very new and trying to build their practice typically will discount, but those are the folks who usually have less experience. 

Cost of Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Costs for rhinoplasty will vary depending on your particular needs and the experience of your surgeon. Don't shop price! The most expensive is not necessarily the best, but select a surgeon whose results you like with noses similar to yours.

Pricing for rhinoplasty

+1

You will get various quotes for any surgical procedure. Make sure that everything that is in one quote is in the other. Some doctors may not use the hospital or an MD anesthesiologist and do the surgery in their offices and with a nurse giving anesthesia. Others may be rookies and need to still learn. Make sure that you have excelent references and check out the doctors work. If anything concerns you, go elsewhere. It is worth spending a little more for it is your nose!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Prices

+1

Rhinoplasty is a complicated procedure and probably the most challenging of cosmetic surgical operations; it is never going to be a bargain in capable hands.  In my practice, there is no negotiation on price with Rhinoplasty because of the time and effort required to do it.  As other posters have noted, it is better for the Surgeon to leave scheduling and financial discussions up to the surgical coordinator.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Price for rhinoplasty

+1

Boy, you have asked a good question!

Elective cosmetic surgery is one of those procedures where the cost is important, but should not be first on your criteria.

The most important criteria is the doctor's credentials and board certification, medical board history, qualifications for performing rhinoplasty and the result of his/her work. I would definitely choose a board certified plastic or ENT surgeon for this procedure.

You should feel comfortable and be able to trust the surgeon.  After all, he/she is going to cut your nose and rearrange things!

Cost can vary significantly depending on location (a wealthy area will have higher prices than some other areas where the cost of doing business is less) and the doctor's overhead (being on TV or radio, etc.)

Your goal should be to find the best doctor at the most affordable price.  In Southern California, where I practice, I would say the lowest price for a quality complete rhinoplasty starts at around $5500 and can go up as high as $10-15,000.

Good Luck.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Cost....Summer Special: 2 for 1

+1

Hi,

Best way to gauge price for rhinoplasty is by the inch.  Ask a silly question....

Kidding aside, cost should be low on your criteria list of choosing your rhinoplasty surgeon who will be sculpting your nose, in the center of your face, for the rest of your living days, that cannot be covered by clothing, unless Burkas are a staple of your wardrobe. 

Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully based on skill, experience, results, and your gut feeling of "being on the same page" regarding your rhinoplasty goals and your surgeon's confidence to achieve those goals.  Seeing is believing.

Everything else being equal, then it is okay to go with the best surgical fees.  It is possible to get excellent surgery at lower costs, and very bad surgery at more expensive costs, but in general try to avoid choosing your rhinoplasty surgeon based on dollars and cents.

Remember that it is a lot more costly to have a nasal revision surgery.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Steer clear of surgeons who would negotiate the surgical fees.

+1

Cosmetic surgery is not used car sales. I never talk specific cost with patients. First, my financial coordinator, Heather, is much better at it than I am. Second, I need to focus on the patient's goals, problems, anatomy, etc. I can't talk to them about surgery while I'm talking to them about price. Lastly, I don't set my fees--the market does. I imagine it does for my competitors as well. 

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Price negotiations in cosmetic surgery

+1

As Dr. Aldea has said, most plastic surgeons whose practices are busy will not negotiate with you.  Their practices are busy because they are producing nice results and their patients are referring others to them.  

You only get one shot at a great result in cosmetic surgery and there is no operation where this is more true than in an rhinoplasty.  So while paying the highest fee isn't a guarantee of a great result, paying a discounted fee is a warning sign about how busy the doctor's practice is.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Surgery should be about quality surgery and not price

+1

When it comes to cosmetic surgery, better surgeons often charge more. What is most important is not cost but finding the right doctor who you trust. You have one nose and want surgery done correctly the first time. Frequently you get what you pay for. Quality cars, clothes etc often cost more but they also are better constructed and last longer. So if you are looking for discount surgery that is what you may get, discount results.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Cost of a rhinoplasty.

+1

Prices do vary, but so does the quality of the work. Don't shop price! Look for the noses you like the best overall and go with that surgeon. Half of my practice is revisionsurgery and I can tell you it will cost a lot more to fix a bad job.