What 'gauge' compression stockings will I need post sclerotherapy?

What 'gauge' compression stockings will I need post sclerotherapy? Should I purchase full stocking (to the waist)? Or can they be thigh highs? do they need to include feet? I am having spider veins on my outer thighs treated. Thank you!

Strength of compression after sclerotherapy

+1
I recommend 20-30 mm Hg compression garments for 3 months in patients who have sclerotherapy. The timing of therapy is as important as the length (it should cover the entire area) and and degree of compression (10 or 20-30 or 40). There is no need or benefit to go to 40 mm Hg compression as it has not been shown to be more beneficial than 20-30 Hg. I also recommend topicals like VenoQuin and VenoLucent to reduce hyperpigmentation after sclerotherapy. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

Compression following sclerotherapy

+1
I recommend compression of at least 20mmHg. This should begin at the toes and extend up to the thighs for best compression.

Todd C. Becker, MD, PhD
Boulder Dermatologist

Thigh high.

+1
Post sclerotherapy stockings should be thigh high and ideally 20-30mmHg compression. They should include the toes and be graduated compression.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon