My vagina doesn't appear normal I'm just wondering if I have excessive labia/skin, and why? (Photo)

I hate my vagina it looks disgusting and makes me feel sick when I see it, I'm unable to enjoy sex or being touched because I'm worried about what men may think

Enlarged Labia

+1
Thank you for you question. Your anatomy is very normal. Every female has a unique vaginal appearance, so do not feel down or upset. But if you are unhappy with the appearance, the labiaplasty procedure will contour this area. I recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with varying techniques in labiaplasty.

Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty

+1
The photos show that you have enlargement of the labia minora. In selected patients surgical correction can often be done under local anesthesia as an office procedure. Consult with a plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn about your options.

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

My vagina doesn't appear normal

+1
Every body is different, and most people have normal, acceptable asymmetries.  That being said, it does appear that your labia minora are enlarged.  There are surgical procedures to correct this and i recommend you seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Brian R. Buinewicz, MD
Doylestown Plastic Surgeon

Does my vagina appear normal?

+1
Your labia are enlarged when compared to many women. Usually, the cause is usually congenital.  Some men and women find large labia appealing while others like smaller labia minora.  One of the two most common techniques is the central wedge technique, which I invented in 1995 and published in the plastic surgery textbooks. It is also known as the "V" or wedge technique. Gynecologists and most plastic surgeons perform a labioplasty very differently. They essentially trim the labia minora (inner vaginal lips) and leave a long suture line instead of the normal labial edge. Their technique is the same whether a scalpel or a laser is used. In contrast, the central wedge removes triangles of tissue and bring the normal edges together. Thus, the normal labial edges, normal color, and normal anatomy are preserved, but the darkest labial tissue is usually removed. If you have extra tissue on your clitoral hood, it can be reduced it at the same time. No matter the technique, an inexperienced or unskilled surgeon can lead to a high rate of complications, chronic scar discomfort, labial deformities, and further surgery.

Gary J. Alter, MD