If I Got Gastric Sleeve in January 9, '12 It It Possible to Get a Tummy Tuck the Last Weeks of December 2013? (photo)

If I Got Gastric Sleeve in January 9, '12 It It Possible to Get a Tummy Tuck the Last Weeks of December 2013?

+3

If you have reached your desired weight it is probably best to wait until your weight reaches a plateau and stays stable for a few months. Congratulations on your new weight loss and beast of luck on your body contouring surgery!  

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tuck after gastric bypass

+2

Good morning!

When deciding when to have any sort of lift/tuck surgery after a gastric bypass, the critical issue is waiting until your weight loss has plateaued before proceeding.  If your weight has stabilized for several months, then the time is right for rejuvenative surgery.

I hope this  helps

Robert Steely, MD

+2

The best response is see a boarded PS in person to discuss the timing of your TT so you fully understand all the issues.//

Tummy tuck post GBP

+1

In Massachusetts most insurance plans require that you are at least one year out from your gastric bypass surgery and have had a stable weight loss for 6-12 months.  So it sounds like your timing is a bit optimistic.  Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after Massive weight loss is recommended when you've reached stable weight

+1

A tummy tuck or a lower body lift is a magnificent decision when you've reached your stable weight. I recommend you consult with your bariatric surgeon and a board certified plastic surgeon and also ask for nutritional support so you find yourself in optimal condition. Congratulations on your weight loss and best wishes to you.

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck after Massive Weight Loss

+1

A tummy tuck to eliminate the excess skin from weight loss can be done whenever your weight is stable. If it is, see your Bariatric surgeon to make sure your metabolism is otherwise stable. If so, seek a plastic surgeon.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Contouring after weight loss

+1

If you have reached your goal weight and your weight loss has been stabilized for about 6 months, you can opt for a Tummy Tuck.   Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options. 

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Body contouring after massive weight loss including abdominoplasty is okay when weight is stable.

+1

After your gastric procedure once your weight has been stable for about six months it will be satisfactory to pursue body contouring surgery including abdominoplasty.