I Need to Have Gastric Bypass Surgery, Medicare Only Pays About 1500.00 of the 6000.00 Surgeons Fee?

I want to have gastric bypass surgery, are there any medigap/supplimental insurance companies that will cover the excess surgeon fees that medicare wont cover?

Medicare coverage of gastric bypass surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Medicare should cover the full cost of gastric bypass surgery if you are operated on at a Center of Excellence Hospital and the surgeon participates with medicare.  I suggest you find a surgeon that meets these criteria and then you will not have to pay that much money.  Good luck.