Gastric Bypass - Pre-existing Condition for Insurance?

If I get gastric bypass (self-pay) is it considered a pre-existing condition for the rest of my life, or will it affect health insurance in any way?

Gastric bypass and pre-existing condition

+2

Obama's new healthcare plan prevents insurance companies from excluding pre-existing conditions.  It should not affect your ability to get insurance because you will actually become healthier after weight loss surgery and decrease your chances of developing many medical problems.

Long Island Bariatric Surgeon

+1

After a year it should be a non issue. Best to check with your health insurance carrier not us docs over the internet. We do not work for the insurance companies. From MIAMI