I had a gastric bypass and have lost 170 pounds. I need the hanging skin and fat removed (paddectomy)?

Under the skin gets irritated and rash's and it has an odor when I sweat. It hurts my neck and back and posture. I have chronic strain on my neck.

+1

A panniculectomy may be the procedure that is needed. Pictures or an exam would help make a determination.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Gastric bypass

+1

You are a great candidate for a tummy tuck or a lower body lift. The lower body lift removes the circumferential skin and is typically a better option. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Panniculectomy

+1

is the procedure you are referring to if the problematic area is your abdomen. However, you have referenced your neck pain and postural issues so I am wondering whether you are raising an issue as to breast sagging. Panniculectomy may be covered by insurance but the criteria have grown increasingly stringent recently. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Loose skin after losing 170 lbs

+1

Hello and thank you for your post. I'm not sure exactly what your question is however? The excision of excess fat is a panniculectomy.

I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

David Cangello, MD

Surgery After Gastric Bypass

+1

If you are having problems with excess skin called a pannus you should seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to understand your options.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

Have lost 170 pounds. I need the hanging skin and fat removed

+1

I am not sure that I find a question here. After this much weight loss, excess skin occurs in almost all patients. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is the correct way to be evaluated and to learn what the options are.

All the best.