What Garments Are Used for Ankle Lipo and Knee Lipo?

Compression garments for leg, ankle, knee liposuction

+1

Typically the same compression garments used for varicose vein or lower extremity venous compression are commonly utilized for this purpose.

You need compression stockings like we use for sclerotherapy for knee, calves and ankle liposuctions.

+1

Liposuctions of the knees, calves and ankles cause a lot of swelling in the feet and ankles afterwards so to help prevent this we use support hose such as what patients wear when they get sclerotherapy for varicose or spider veins.  It covers from your toes up to the mid thighs and is comfortable and keeps the feet swelling to  a minimum.  Use about 20 mm Hg compression.  Most pharmacies carry these if your doc doesn't.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Compression garments for liposuction of the knee and ankle

+1

As liposuction works on the knee on the inner, and sometimes the area above the knee of the end of the upper leg, it is best to wear a garment that doesn't roll down and compress the upper knee area with the hem causing signficant pressure.  You can wear a full ankle to hip compression garment.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lipo of the knees and ankles

+1

Liposuction of the knees and ankles usually require a garment to be worn for 3-6 weeks after surgery.

Liposuction of Knee and Ankle

+1

I usually provide my patients the garments that are necessary.  I would recommend asking you surgeon about this.

But in general I have my patient wear some sort of compression for the first 4-6 weeks after surgery.  For lipo of the lower extremity, the knee and lower, I have my patients wear a full garment that extends down to the ankles.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Garments after liposuction

+1

Often using compression garments after liposuction assists with minimizing swelling after surgery, and may shorten the recovery time. There are many different types of garments available for the different body areas treated and your plastic surgeon should be able to provide you with advice on which one suits you best.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD