Garment from Large to Small?

Hi, I had my tummy tuck from hip to hip 7 weeks ago. I wore the garment for 6 weeks and 5 days. My PS told me I can take it off. I did because it was painful around my genital area. Now, I'm concerned if this might cause problems like seroma or bad result .... Should I wear it again?I started with a large size ardent and moved to small. Also, when I sit I feel a bit saggy and when I bend, the skink does sag. My doctor says its Booz I'm swollen. Is that true?

Garment

+1

Most surgeons would be pleased if their patients wore the garment for six weeks. 

I agree that you should not wear something that no longer fits. If the garment was otherwise comfortable, as they sometimes are, switching out to Lycra bicycle shorts or Spanx would bee helpful. 

When you sit, you skin will buckle. The skin is not that elastic that it can conform to any bends and stresses. 

Thanks for your question.

Garments

+1

It's hard to answer that question without any pictures. It certainly is true that swelling can last for many weeks to months. Accordingly, it will be difficult to judge your final result until 6-12 months after your surgery. If you're concerned, you can always wear Spanx or something similar for some compression. 

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C) 

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Postoperative Compression Garment after Tummy Tuck

+1

6 weeks and 5 days is more than enough time to wear a compression garment after a tummy tuck. At this point your incisions and prefascial space (the space between your abdominal muscles and skin) should be healed well enough that you no longer require any external support. And, as long as your drains were removed at an appropriate time, you should not develop a seroma. With regard, to saggy skin when sitting, this is normal in everyone when we sit. The question is how you look when you are standing? The saggy skin is usually resolved after a tummy tuck and is clearly apparent when one stands.

Thank you for your question!

Gregory C. Park, M.D. 

Gregory Park, MD